Sunday, August 2, 2009

Untitled Post


Jesus left us with homework as he was being taken up to heaven.

He said, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you." Matthew 28:18-20

In other words, our main jobs as followers of Jesus is to tell others his teachings.

Agree?

This is interesting: "For the word of God [in other words, Jesus' teachings. Remember Jesus said that everything he spoke came from the Father, God] is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable." Hebrews 4:12,13

Great.

So this is the type of message we've been told to tell those who need to be told.

Personally, I would not like it if someone exposed my innermost thoughts and desires. I wouldn't like it if a message pierced my soul and spirit, joint and marrow.

I'd be highly upset, to say it nicely.

So what if I don't wanna do it?

Ezekiel 33

WARNING:
The following are not the words of the author of this post.
If you experience any problems, you may contact
1-800-THE-WORD to speak to one of His representatives.


"Once again a message came to me from the Lord: 'Son of man, give your people this message: ‘When I bring an army against a country, the people of that land choose one of their own to be a watchman. When the watchman sees the enemy coming, he sounds the alarm to warn the people. Then if those who hear the alarm refuse to take action, it is their own fault if they die. They heard the alarm but ignored it, so the responsibility is theirs. If they had listened to the warning, they could have saved their lives. But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, but I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.’' 'Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me. If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to tell them to change their ways, then they will die in their sins, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths.' "
Ezekiel 33:1-8



Oh, by the way, we are all watchman.

Thankfully, the message does not stop there:

"But if you warn them to repent and they don’t repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself." Ezekiel 33:9


Strong words.


I'm just gonna leave it as that...


Enjoy "Your Will" by Darius Brooks

No comments:

The Mind

My photo
He is THE maestro; I am an instrument