Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Walk with God: a poem

In the silence of my room
As I was deeply asleep
I was awakened by the sobs of the Almighty
as He began to weep.

"Lord, what are you doing here?
Tonight I failed to pray!"
He looked in silence and answered,
"There are things on my chest I need to say."

"But, ... Lord,
How is it that you got in?
You cannot be in this room
So filled with sin!"

"MY presence has made it clean.
Never mind that, we have to talk."
Lost in the moment I failed to realize
that He and I had began to walk.

We walked for what seemed like hours
And He gently held my hand
I listed as He spoke of the stars
And how time and time He numbers the sand."

"Never in my many years
Have I felt this confused..."
He stared blankly for a moment
then continued, "I feel so abused."

Tears began filling His eyes
and God began to cry.
I simply stood in silence
wondering, wondering why.

From all the people in the world
The CREATOR has come to me!
For as much as I reasoned
I could not think why that could be.

"Lord, why is it that You cry?
Please tell me what troubles Your gentle heart?"
He looked at me, shaking His head,
"I just don't know where to start."

I looked deeply into His weary eyes
And saw an ever growing pain.
Then amazingly it happened
as He cried it started to rain.

"Please speak to me, Lord.
Is there anything I can do?"
Before I uttered another word
He told me, "I cry because of you."

I did not know what to say
And for the first time I saw His face.
His eyes locked with mine.
My heart was running a race.

"You say that you know Me
and even call Me by Name.
Yet I look at those who know Me not
and the comparison is the same.

"In the tough times you want me.
In the good times you don't.
On the Sabbath you respect me
During the week you won't.

"Sometimes I wait there
Just dying for us to talk
Trying my best to keep you
From walking in the dark.

"You'll never know how much it hurts Me
Whenever I see you cry.
Yet you won't come lean on me
And instead you rather die!"

The more He spoke the more I cried
Because He only spoke the truth.
He mentioned His disappointment
About me wasting my youth.

"Lord, please forgive me
For having caused you pain.
Forgive me for ignoring You so much
And for taking Your name in vain.

"It's just that at times
Life simply gets too rough..."
"I had to allow some things to happen
Since you only remembered Me when life got tough!

"You've changed so much through the years
You don't call on me even when trials are bad.
My angels beg me and beg me
To stop looking depressed and sad.

"What have I done to you?
Have I caused you any pain?
Do you not see if I guide you
You'll have eternal life to gain?"

"How do You want me to answer
If my life is filled with sin!
How do I explain to You
The situation I am in?

"I know You're loving and graceful
So kind and so sweet.
I feel Your ever present protection.
I know You guide my feet.

"But at times life's consequences
Simply leads my mind to doubt.
Although I know You lead me
I want to take my own route."

"Ever since when does an instrument
Know what is best for it?"
"Father, that's exactly my point.
I cannot see how Your pieces fit!

"At times You tell me to go
Yet the place I cannot see."
"Do you not remember I promised
That with you I'll ALWAYS be?"

"Well, how about the many times I've cried
The sound of my pain you did not hear..."
"Wait a minute! Stop right there!
Remember: Let not your heart fear...?"

"And the times my vision is blurry
From the endless tears in my eyes?"
"My son, I've always been there
I've partaken in all of your cries...

"Do you know when you hurt I feel it
When you laugh I laugh too.
When you've fallen I've picked you up
Your dark skies I've turned blue.

"When you've felt you were on high
Is because I carried you on My back.
In all of your tough times
I've provided so you wouldn't lack.

"When you've turned your back to me
I've still given you my 100%.
When you felt defeated by life
I've cheered you the times you said: I can't.

"Do you remember when..."
"Please, my Savior, please do not speak."
I interrupted in that manner
For my body felt very weak.

He looked at mi in silence
And began caressing my face.
He gently pulled me towards Him
And I was engulfed in His embrace.

I cried bitter bitter tears
All this time I knew I was wrong.
My tears came to a halt
Because Jesus was singing a song.

The tune was simply heavenly
It had a certain effect on me
And the more He sang the more I felt
The chains around me set me free!

I cannot recall the lyrics
I do remember, "...your sins forever be gone."
Strangely I joined Jesus
In singing this sweet sweet song.

All these hours we were still walking
But we stopped before this great door.
"Lord," I asked, "where are we?"
He answered and said, "Just look, there's more!"

As the door slowly opened
In recognition I fell on my face
Knowing that for eternity
I would thank Jesus for finishing my race.

No comments:

The Mind

My photo
He is THE maestro; I am an instrument