Friday, October 9, 2009

Can't Touch This!

So I've been doing more Bible reading recently, and I have to say that truly, the Bible is the word of God. Period.

So since it is God's word talking to me, whenever I read anything: a verse, psalm, chapter, book, anything at all, I place myself in there somewhere, somehow. The results are cool. Powerful!

Let's see if you agree...


Psalm 91

Everyone and their momma should know this Psalm. I remember memorizing it at a young age, when I lived in Venezuela. The funny thing is that whenever I read it, still to this day, regardless of the language I read it in, I read it to a particular tune which is the tune I memorized it with...

Good times.. Good times..

Anyway, this is what you're going to do, it's simple: change each sentence and make it personal.

Example: Verse 7 reads, "Though a thousand falls at your side..."

Instead of 'YOUR', replace it with 'MY'

Now the verse should sound like this: "Though a thousand fall at my side..."


Easy, right? But be careful, always keep in mind who is the one speaking; it's not always going to be you.

So now let's see how powerful God's word really is


"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place
of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue me from every trap
and protect me from deadly disease.
He will cover me with his feathers.
He will shelter me with his wings.
His faithful promises are my armor and protection.

"I will not be afraid of the terrors of
the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.
I will not dread the disease that stalks
in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes
at midday. Though a thousand fall
at my side, though ten thousand
are dying around me, these evils will not
touch me. I will open my eyes and see
how the wicked are punished.

"If I make the Lord my refuge,
if I make the Most High my shelter,
no evil will conquer me; no plague
will come near my home.
For he will order his angels to protect me
wherever I go. They will hold me up with
their hands so I won't even
hurt my foot on a stone.

I will trample upon lions and cobras;
I will crush fierce lions and serpents
under my feet!

"The Lord says, 'I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer.
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.' "

WOW!
Take a minute and let it sink..


This is where I was blown away, verse 13:

"I will trample upon lions and cobras; I will crush
fierce lions and serpents under my feet!"


I wear a size 10 in shoes. On a good day, 10.5 maybe even 11.

I also know that lions are HUGE animals! And I wouldn't mess with a serpent,
let alone a cobra with a ten foot pole, or even if you payed me to do it!


So what the heck is this dude talking about trampling and crushing lions and cobras and stuff?


I know David was brave and all, but how about those of us who didn't kill Goliath..?


That's not what he was referring to..


The Amplified Bible version reads, "And I will put enmity between you [the serpent] and the woman, and between your offspring and her Offspring; He will bruise and tread your head underfoot, and you will lie in wait and bruise His heel." Genesis 3:15


"Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. This great dragon - the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world - was thrown down to the earth with all his angels." Revelations 12:7-9

"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8


Check it

"If I make the Lord my refuge, if I make the Most High my shelter..." I will trample and crush that fierce lion and cobra, that old ancient son-of-a-gun, the devil - called Satan. In other words, I will be picking his gooey brain from under my shoes! In other words, through the power God has given me, this dude cannot touch me! In other words, ... get it?

Now check out how AWESOME my God is:
count the number of promises he will deliver on..

The Lord says:


1. I will rescue...
2. I will protect...
3. I will answer...
4. I will be with...
5. I will honor...
6. I will reward with a long life
7. I will give them my salvation

Seven. God's perfect number.

This can only mean one thing: God will always deliver, as he always does

Dudes and Dudettes, God's word is only powerful if I claim it for me.



"God of Wonders" by Third Day

No comments:

The Mind

My photo
He is THE maestro; I am an instrument