Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Have Yet To Learn


Read
the story of how God brought the Israelites out of Egypt...
Take your time reading this amazing story and try to notice a trend. There was an on and off, up and down, left and right, -well, the point is made clear- relationship between the Israelites against God.

See if you can pick it out


Notice how God managed to bring them out of Egypt. Place yourself in the story and try to visualize the things, the signs God performed through Moses and Aaron. This stuff is unheard of in our times today...

Can you really imagine a friend txt'n u sumday sayn' he/she wuz takn' a shw'r n da water wuz blood?!

Or finding that in your microwave, all over your bed, all over your house, all around your 'hood, all up in your car, in/on your clothes, inside the fridge, I mean, A L L O V E R your crib: frogs!

Really, think about it, about all the plagues that fell on the Egyptians, while God's people (I said GOD'S PEOPLE) were not even affected by any of it! They were sheltered from the horrible things occurring to their Egyptian neighbors. It's not like it was a secret, either. E V E R Y O N E knew that they were God's chosen people (I said GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE) and that everything that was happening was happening because God wanted to do something really good for them..

I mean, the Egyptians knew it. The Israelites knew it.


And God did just that. Talk about showing off!
He parted an entire sea; as in, divided the sea into two sides;
as in, water on one side, a little runway, water on the other side;
as in, walls of water; as in, where have you even heard of that before?!

God not only took Israel from Egypt, he played the Egyptians... He made sure that his crew left with all the bling and the ice they could get their hands on... I mean, Israel, from the bit I get from the Bible, really helped shape Egypt! These dudes, one could say, really helped build Egypt during the time they were there! They were important to the growth and economy and really the productivity of what Egypt was at that time - kinda like blacks in America, back during slavery days... (I'll leave it as that).

So not only were the Egyptians loosing a valuable people, this people stripped them of their riches! All I can say is: don't mess with God's property, or else..

So after all of what God did for the Israelites, they get to a point in their short three days journey and they're a bit thirsty. They cannot find water. And they're walking around in a desert.. When they finally do, the water is too bitter to drink..! I can't even imagine that, honestly.

What happens next is extremely interesting:

Never mind the fact that "...he [Yahweh - I mean, God] guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and he provided light at night with a pillar of fire." Exodus 13:21

Never mind all of the other stuff he'd already done for them thus far

Never mind the fact that they just came from singing a song of deliverance because of what God had done to the Egyptian army

What happens next..?
I forget what God has just done for me.

I doubt. I complain. I turn against the same hand who brings me deliverance.. I point the finger at him. I curse him. I offend him.

Why do I continuously do that? Has God become that much of a joke, to me? Is this how seriously I really take him?

A few days ago I found myself doing the same exact thing, you know? And it really caught my attention; I had to pause and evaluate what I was doing. God has been doing such great things with me - more so recently. I have been talking to him and he has been answering. He's been revealing things to me and I've been slowly learning. He's shown me through amazing ways that he is with me!

He has shown me through tangible evidence that he does hear my cries and when I pray he really does listen. Through other people, he's been telling me that he wants to do amazing things with me. I mean, if there's ever been a time God's presence has been so strong in my life (and I pray it continues till I die), it's right now!

Everyday he leads me through the Red Sea.
Everyday he defeats Pharaoh and his army.
Everyday he is a pillar of cloud and fire.
Everyday he brings me deliverance.

As long as he keeps providing, I'll keep riding the wave, huh?... because once I get to that oasis of bitter water, I complain, among other more offensive things.

...there's something seriously wrong with that picture

I have yet to learn how to fully trust in the Lord



"Cristo Yo Creo En Ti" by Jessica Landaverde

No comments:

The Mind

My photo
He is THE maestro; I am an instrument